Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first foodie pictures!

Hi everybody! I hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend started Thursday night as I had Friday off! I saw my personal trainer who I hadn't seen in forever due to scheduling conflicts, but we finally found a night to do every week! It was good, she always makes weight loss seem like a battle that can be won! I biked on Saturday and today I went kickboxing! I was glad and happy with myself that I got so much excercise in to make up for the rest of the week! My eating has been pretty good. I'm going to a naturopath in March and I'm quite looking forward to it. Hoping I can get some of my stomach issues following my gallbladder removal surgery taken care of! I made some delish recipes I found on the 'recipes sharing board' on the x-weighted challenge webiste. I made 2.

First I made the "breakfast cookie"



Ingredients

1 1/4 cup regular oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/2 dry skim milk
1 cup applesauce
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 raisins
sprinkling of sugar

mix all together well in mixing bowl, put on baking sheet (makes 4 big cookies)

Bake at 375 for about 10-15mins or until browned.


The second was banana walnut muffins!



Ingredients

1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. sugar
3 bananas
1 c. whole wheat flour or regular flour
1/2 c.ground flax seed
1 tsp.baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 c. walnuts

mix all together well in mixing bowl, put in a muffin pan (makes 12 big muffins or 24 mini muffins)

Bake at 375 for about 10-15mins or until browned.


I tweaked this recipe as well, I have started to sub apple sauce for butter/margerine and I don't notice the difference!

As I get ready for this week I'm thinking what my short term goals are for this week and I'm making them simple so I stay on track. Gym atleast 3X, but 5X would be ideal. Also to eat healthy, I would like to try 2 new recipes this week!

Please leave me some if you have some delish recipes to share!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited you went out and got a taupe! Which one did you end up getting?! I had to do another nail polish post all this snow was making me crazy... we needed some neons in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that you won the Booster Juice giveaway. Please go to my blog to get my email and send your address so I can send it off. If I dont hear from you by Tuesday Evening, I will draw another name.

    Thanks so much and hoping to hear from you soon!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete