Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first foodie pictures!

Hi everybody! I hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend started Thursday night as I had Friday off! I saw my personal trainer who I hadn't seen in forever due to scheduling conflicts, but we finally found a night to do every week! It was good, she always makes weight loss seem like a battle that can be won! I biked on Saturday and today I went kickboxing! I was glad and happy with myself that I got so much excercise in to make up for the rest of the week! My eating has been pretty good. I'm going to a naturopath in March and I'm quite looking forward to it. Hoping I can get some of my stomach issues following my gallbladder removal surgery taken care of! I made some delish recipes I found on the 'recipes sharing board' on the x-weighted challenge webiste. I made 2.

First I made the "breakfast cookie"



Ingredients

1 1/4 cup regular oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/2 dry skim milk
1 cup applesauce
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 raisins
sprinkling of sugar

mix all together well in mixing bowl, put on baking sheet (makes 4 big cookies)

Bake at 375 for about 10-15mins or until browned.


The second was banana walnut muffins!



Ingredients

1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. sugar
3 bananas
1 c. whole wheat flour or regular flour
1/2 c.ground flax seed
1 tsp.baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 c. walnuts

mix all together well in mixing bowl, put in a muffin pan (makes 12 big muffins or 24 mini muffins)

Bake at 375 for about 10-15mins or until browned.


I tweaked this recipe as well, I have started to sub apple sauce for butter/margerine and I don't notice the difference!

As I get ready for this week I'm thinking what my short term goals are for this week and I'm making them simple so I stay on track. Gym atleast 3X, but 5X would be ideal. Also to eat healthy, I would like to try 2 new recipes this week!

Please leave me some if you have some delish recipes to share!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh yum! Sounds and looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so excited you went out and got a taupe! Which one did you end up getting?! I had to do another nail polish post all this snow was making me crazy... we needed some neons in our lives!

    ReplyDelete