Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Food for thought

I think about food, a lot (am I alone on this one??) It has been my comfort for the last 25 years and I'm trying to correct this. I started seriously comfort eating after my mom passed away, I was only 16, so after almost a decade of abusing my body and my ups and downs with my weight, I think it's about time I deal with it! I started going to grief counselling, I tried it when I was younger, but the therapist was very sterile and very pro-medication, but this one I have now 10 years later is really helping me. Imagine that if I had of met her 10 years ago instead of being turned off therapy by the other woman and doing for myself now what I should have been doing then ... TAKING CARE OF MYSELF.

Anyways yesteday was a pretty solid day. I ate well (minus a dove chocolate bar) I read on Jess (byebyelovehandles) blog that she enjoyed dove chocolate instead of granola bars because they are less processed etc.. so I decided to give it a whirl, I love chocolate, but at this time I cannot do that as I seem to have no self control with chocolate and/or my ravenous appetite as I am now counting my calories and sticking to a 'budget'.

I did however make it to 1 hour of Zumbbbaaaa. I love Zumba, it's a great work out, I burn 500+ calories and have fun doing it, some of it is hard, but overall I loved it. I could really feel myself letting go last night and it was an amazing feeling.

I like working out, there I said it. I've been in denial about it the past couple of months, but I do I like working out. I like how I feel, how I look and I like feeling like a warrior after a really brutal workout. MY weight loss is truly 90% mental and 10% physical.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment